Island Peak also known as Imja Tse is one of the most popular trekking peaks in Nepal for climbing on Himalayas. The combination of Everest base camp trek and Island Peak climbing is probably the best trip in Nepal adored by adventure seekers. From Dingboche the mountain is seen as an island in a sea of ice. Imja Tse not only provides an enjoyable climb but also provides some of the most spectacular scenery of Himalayas in the Everest region. Seen from the summit the giant mountains, Nuptse (7,879m), Lhotse (8,501m), Lhotse Middle Peak (8,410m) and Lhotse Shar (8,383m) make a semi circle in the north. The views of Makalu (8475m) in the east, Baruntse and Amadablam in the south add more charm in climbing Island Peak. For many mountaineers climbing Island Peak marks the beginning of climbing on Himalayas to prepare for a big Himalaya expedition in Nepal in the later years. For some mountaineers the peak stands for the purpose of acclimatization before heading to bigger mountain climbing. Trekking to Kalapattar or Everest base camp is best suited for acclimatization before proceeding to the climbing on Island Peak.
The normal route for climbing Island Peak is South East Flank & South-West Ridge Normally; the base camp is set at Pareshaya Gyab (5,087m), between Imja Tse and the lateral moraine of the Imja Glacier. Proper care should be taken to avoid the possible avalanche in the event of heavy snow fall. For some people reaching to the summit from the base camp is a day activity. However, most of the climbers prefer alpine style camping at high camp which adds the joy of climbing and also helps a safe ascent.
Day 02:Expedition preparation.
Day 03:Katmandu - Lukla by flight. Trek to Phakding (2610m/4hrs)
Day 04:Namche Bazaar.(3440m).
Day 05:Rest at Namche Bazar for acclimatization.
Day 06:Trek Tengboche (3860m/5hrs).
Day 07:Trek Pheriche (4371m/6hrs).
Day 08:Trek to Lobuche (4940m/6hrs).
Day 09:Trek to Gorakhshep (5164m) and back to Lobuche (7hrs).
Day 10:Trek to Dingboche (4410m/6hrs).
Day 11:Trek to Chhukung (5550m/6hrs).
Day 12:Island Peak Base Camp.
Day 13:High Camp
Day 14:Summit (6160m) - Chhukung.
Day 15:Extra day to attempt summit
Day 16:Trek Tengboche.
Day 17:Trek Namche Bazaar
Day 18:Trek Lukla
Day 19:Fly to Kathmandu.
Day 20:Rest day.
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with other necessary surface transport as per itinerary.
- Cycle Hire.
- Accommodations at 5 Star hotels in Kathmandu on BB basis.
- Accommodations at 5 Star hotels in Pokhara on BB basis.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides during the Cycling and climbing.
- All trekking and camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System)
- Climbing permit.
- Required Experienced, Trained and Government Licensed Climbing Guide(s) during Climbing Period as per the size of group.
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Our service Charges
What's not Includes
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators. Though Snowy will provide the same, usage of Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators will be charged extra
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival)
- Ice fall Garbage Deposit fees (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Wake talkies & Filming permit.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Day 2Expedition preparation.
Day 3Katmandu - Lukla by flight. Trek to Phakding (2610m/4hrs)
Day 4Namche Bazaar.(3440m).
Day 5Rest at Namche Bazar for acclimatization.
Day 6Trek Tengboche (3860m/5hrs).
Day 7Trek Pheriche (4371m/6hrs).
Day 8Trek to Lobuche (4940m/6hrs).
Day 9Trek to Gorakhshep (5164m) and back to Lobuche (7hrs).
Day 10Trek to Dingboche (4410m/6hrs).
Day 11Trek to Chhukung (5550m/6hrs).
Day 12Island Peak Base Camp.
Day 13High Camp
Day 14Summit (6160m) - Chhukung.
Day 15Extra day to attempt summit
Day 16Trek Tengboche.
Day 17Trek Namche Bazaar
Day 18Trek Lukla
Day 19Fly to Kathmandu.
Day 20Rest day.