With limited time or budget, Lhasa City Tour will allow you to experience Lhasa, the Place of Gods – the red and white Potala soaring above the holy city; the beating spiritual heart of Tibet, Jokhang with pilgrims prostrating; Barkhor Street full of stalls selling prayer wheels and turquoise, Muslim traders, thangka workshop.
Note: If you are not satisfied with this itinerary and other detail, please Contact Us to make itinerary and other detail as per your need.
- Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery
- Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street
Day 01:Arrival in Lhasa.
Day 02:Lhasa Suburb.
Day 03:Lhasa City.
Day 04:Departure from Lhasa .
- Lodgings: 3 Nights, twin room .
- Meal: 3 Breakfasts & 1 Welcome Dinner;
- Permit: Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB);
- Free Lhasa Railway Station transfer at all time on first & last day;
- Free Lhasa Airport pick-up at 12:30pm or 15:30pm from Lhasa Airport on first day;
- Free Lhasa Airport drop-off at 7:30am or 12:00pm from hotel in Lhasa on last day;
- Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
- Guide: experienced local English-speaking tour guide;
- Attractions: all entrance fee mentioned in itinerary;
- Travel Agency Liability insurance;
- Government Tax;
- Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express);
- Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
What's not Includes
- Private Lhasa Airport transfer if your flight isn’t within our free service time, USD 60/vehicle/time.
- Flight or Train
- China Visa.
- Lunch & Dinner
- Optional sights
- Super-fast express delivery of Tibet Entry Permit (eg. China Air Express)
- Additional days caused by unexpected nature disasters. eg. Land Slide, Avalanche, etc.
- Gratuities for guide & driver, abt CNY 50/day for each of them
- Personal expenses
- Personal travel insurance
- Anything not listed in
Day 1Arrival in Lhasa.Our staff will greet you at Lhasa Airport/Railway to transfer you to hotel. From Lhasa Airport to downtown Lhasa, usually takes abt 1.5hrs; from Lhasa Railway Station, abt 20mins. After transferred to hotel, the rest of the day you will be free to wander around the city on your own but try not to overtax yourself. The first day’s well-rest is crucial to acclimatize high altitude. Remember to drink lots of water, eat light, and not to shower if you can help it. For our free Lhasa Airport/Railway transfer, pls check the Inclusions for the information of our free Lhasa Airport/Railway transfers.
Overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2Lhasa Suburb.Today you will visit totally 2 attractions in Lhasa suburb. In the morning, we will arrange you to see Drepung Monastery. In the afternoon, we will visit Sera Monastery. You will stay long hour on sightseeing today under the fierce sun of Tibet, do arm yourself with sunglasses/ hat/ sunscreen.
Also a welcome dinner will be held tonight to introduce you to the whole gang that you are going to travel with. We have customers from all over the world. Shall be fun to meet people from different countries, culture and background.
Located about 8km west of central Lhasa, Drepung Monastery was once one of the world’s largest monasteries. The word Drepung literally translates as ‘rice heap’, a reference to the huge numbers of white monastic buildings that once piled up on the hill side.
Sera Monastery is located in the northern suburb of Lhasa City. The monastery was named Sera which mean wild rose in the Tibetan language, because the hill behind it was covered with wild roses in bloom when the monastery was built. From of Mon ~ Fri, every afternoon, you’ll be able to see monks debating at Sera Monastery.
Overnight in Lhasa.
Meal: Breakfast and dinner.
Day 3Lhasa City.This morning, visit Potala Palace. It is more than 3,700 meters above sea level and it is the highest palace in the world! At the top the palace called golden roofs; you can have a bird-eye view of the whole of Lhasa. In the distance there are undulating mountain ranges, the beautiful Lhasa River, tracts of fields, tree-shaded villages and the glistening Jokhang Temple.
Afternoon, visit Jokhang Temple, it is the first built during the period of Sontsan Gambo in the 7th century, features Buddhist prayer wheels, reclining deer, golden sutra streamers. You'll find that many Pilgrims pray before the monastery.
The circuit around it called Barkhor Street, a famous local handmade crafts market, which is a good place to purchase souvenirs.
Overnight in Lhasa.
Day 4Departure from Lhasa .Your 4-day Lhasa City Essential Group Tour ends today. After breakfasts, you will be free for the morning. Our staff will collect you at your hotel to transfer to Lhasa Airport/Railway.
- Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB) usually takes about 12-working-day to apply. If you couldn’t provide the required docs & info on time, an extra about USD 50-80/permit will be charged.
- We reserve the right to change the itinerary order and attractions in Lhasa.
- If you prefer to book your own hotels over those included in our group tour, please meet the rest of the group at their daily hotel on time. We don’t include the transfers to your own hotels.
- We need to pickup and drop off all tour members of the group on first & last day from Lhasa Airport/Railway, thus there may not always have guide presence but driver.
- Due to the special nature of Tibet travel, any unforeseeable and unavoidable objective circumstances, including but not limited to natural disasters, war, terrorism, riot, civil commotion, strikes, public health emergencies, government action, major traffic jams, delay or cancellation of flight/train, attractions temporarily closed. etc., resulting in change of itinerary, the increased cost will be paid by travelers; if any attraction visits has to be cancelled due to the same reasons above, Himalayan Asia Treks won’t be hold responsible for refund except certain attraction entrance fee which will be solely decided by Himalayan Asia Treks.
- Single Supplement: our quote is based on twin rooms. For single travelers, single supplement is required at the time of booking. If later we manage to match you with another traveler to share the twin rooms, single supplement will be refunded.