About Bhutan Tshechu Festival Tour - Punakha Festival Tour 1st - 3rd march 2023
Bhutan Tshechu Festival Tour - Punakha Festival Tour 1st - 3rd march 2023
Punakha Tshechu Festival, Bhutan is one of the religious festivals in Bhutan celebrated annually held in each district or Dzongkhag of Bhutan on the tenth day of a month of the Buddhist Lunar Calendar. Tshechu Festival started around the 8th to 9th century when Padmasambhava, a great scholar, visited Tibet and Bhutan. Padmasambhava performed a series of such dances in Bumthang Valley to restore the health of King Sindhu Raja. As a result, Padmasambhava organized the first Tshechu Festival in Bumthang Valley, where eight dance forms.
The Punakha tshechu festival in Bhutan 2023 March is held for three days at the courtyard of majestic Punakha Dzong to honor Guru Rinpoche. This is one of the three biggest festivals held in western Bhutan. The other two being the festivals in Paro and Thimphu which are equally spectacular. The people come from far and near to witness the festival and get blessed. It is also time for prayer and family get together. The Local folks sing and dance dressed in colorful costumes. The festival ends with a throngdroel ceremony.
The Paro Tshechu is one of the biggest festivals in the country. On the first day, all mask dances are held inside the courtyard of the Dzong. In the subsequent days, the square outside the Dzong hosts the festival.
Would you mind emailing us for Bhutan Tshechu Festival Tour date: hima[email protected] / 9779851098880 (WhatsApp/Viber)?
Schedule of Tshechu :
- On the first day, performances of three kinds of Dance: Dance of the Heroes (Pacham), Dance of the Stags and Hounds (Shaw Shachi), and Dance with Guitar (Dranyeo Cham).
- On the second day, dances performed are The Black Hat Dance (Shana), Dance of the 21 black hats with drums (Shanga Ngacham), Dance of the Noblemen and the Ladies (Pholeg Moleg), Dance of the Drums from Dramitse (Dramitse Ngacham), Dance of the Noblemen and the Ladies (Pholeg Moleg) and Dance of the Stag and Hounds (Shawa Shachi).
- On the third day, the dances performed are: Dance of the Lords of the Cremation Grounds (Durdag), Dance of the Terrifying Deities (Tungam), and Dance of the Rakshas and the Judgement of the Dead (Raksha Mangham)
- On the last day of the festival, the dances performed: Dance of Tamzhing Monastery in Jakar, Dance of the Lords of the Cremation Grounds (the same dance as day 3), Dance of the Ging and Tsoling (Ging Dang Tsoling), and Dance of the Eight Manifestations of Padmasambhava (Guru Then Gye).
- For getting Bhutan, There are regular Bhutan flights from Kathmandu, Delhi Bangkok.
Bhutan Visa processing:
Our company pre-processes Bhutan visas. A scanned copy of your passport has to be sent to us. Processing a Bhutan visa will take up to 7 days at the max.
- Your passport must be valid for more than six months at the time of arrival in Bhutan.
- Vaccination certificate
- Travel Insurance.
Bhutan Tshechu Festival Tour Cost - Punakha Festival Tour Cost 1st - 3rd march 2023
- 01 Pax : USD 2990 Per person for 7 nights 8 days Bhutan Tshechu Festival Tour Cost
- 02 Pax: USD 2220 per person for 7 nights 8 days Bhutan Tshechu Festival Tour Cost
- 04 Pax : 8 Pax : USD 2190 Per person for 7 nights 8 days Bhutan Tshechu Festival Tour Cost
- 10 Pax : 16 Pax : USD 2085 Per person for 7 nights 8 days Bhutan Tshechu Festival Tour Cost
- 18 Pax and above: USD 1960 Per person for 7 nights 8 days Bhutan Tshechu Festival Tour Cost