- Rich Tibetan-influenced culture and tradition.
- Semi-arid desert with deep gorges and rock shelves, with gorgeous snowy peaks.
- Four-story Chhoser Cave with 50 + private room and community kitchen.
- Medieval monasteries built in 13 century.
- Amchi museum and school.
- Amazing Rocky mountain.
- Fossil reaseach sor Sea Creature at 3000m around Kali Gandaki River Valley.
- Tread on the 14th century the Buddhist Kingdom which is almost the same as it was centuries ago.
- Close view of Mt. Annapurna (8,091 m), Mt. Nilgiri (7,061 m), and Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167 m).
Day to Day Itinerary
Meet by our Himalayan Asia Treks representative in airport and transfer to the hotel. Our representative assists to check in hotel process and give short brief about program. You can take rest and fresh. You can walk in evening in Thamel (tourist hub of Kathmandu).
Overnight in Kathmandu.
After taking breakfast, your guide picks up from your hotel and start city tour: Swayambhunath Stupa, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath Temple. Today , we will introduce Upper Mustang Trek guide and can discuss about Upper Mustang Trek packing list and needed equipment.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
If we fly from Kathmandu, your guide will come at hotel for transfer Pokhara. It will take 25 min by domestic airlines. If we go by bus it will take 7 hrs by bus/car or private vehicle .If you go by land transport, you can do rafting in Trishuli and drive towards Pokhara on same day.
Overnight in Pokhara.
After taking breakfast, transfer to the airport for a morning flight to Jomsom of 20 minutes over the mountains with views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri, brings you at Jomsom, the district headquarter of Mustang. Jomsom is also major village on the KaliGandki area linking the age old trans-Himalayan salt trade route to Tibet. Today is the first day of Upper Mustang Trek,from Jomsom onwards it is very windy in the afternoon, continue on the path on the Kali Gandaki river bed for 3 hours and finally reached Ekle Bhatti village . In Kagbeni a major tributary , Kak Khola coming from Muktinath , meets Mustang Khola from there the river is called the Kali Gandaki .
Overnight in Kagbeni .
After doing the formalities of showing your restricted area trekking permit in Kagbeni we start our trekking because in Mustang there is heavy wind which gets up later in the day, blowing dust and sand around.The climb from Kagbeni to Chele passes through beautiful village of Tangbe, which offers white washed traditional houses and fields of barley, buckwheats and apple orchards. On the way we enjoy good views of Nilgiri mountain .Passing several ridges we cross a stream after Chhusang village, leave the Kaligandaki valley behind and climb further to the village of Chele. From Chele we start observing the typical Tibetan settlements of Upper Mustang.
Overnight in Chele.
The trail gradually climbs up towards Samar 3620m, Bhena La, Yamdo La and then descend towards the Shyangmochen at 3800m. We can see beautiful mountain ranges and Thakali people lifestyle and their culture.
Overnight in Gelling.
The trek towards Tsarang trail climbs gently climb towards amazing pass Nyi La Pass 3950m, the highes point of this Upper Mustang Trek and trek down where you can see the grey and red cliffs. After crossing the steel bridge of Tangmar Chu River, we see longest Mani wall in Mustang. The trail ascends and descends reached Tsarang where we explore five storey white Dzong and Red Gompa.
Overnight in Tarang.
After taking breakfast, the trail towards Lo Mangthang begins on flat terrain and the view, apart from a chorten and a few caves, is unrelieved barrenness. After crossing a pass and waking through two rocks forming a natural gate we have finally arrived at Lo Manthang.
Overnight in Lo Mangtang.
Today is the most beautiful and important day amon Upper Mustang Trek. We explore the surrounding areas, visit Namgyal Gompa and Tingkhar. Namgyal Gompa situated on a hill top serves as an important monastery of the local community and also as a local court. After visiting Namgyal Gompa, continue to the Tingkhar, the last main village of northwest of Lo- Mangthang and back to hotel.
Overnight in Lo- Mangthang.
After breakfast and with keeping memory of Upper Mustang, we will tek towards Dhakmar. The trail descends and crosses Tsang River and climb to Gekar. We will pass Ghar Gompa : small monastery , valley, alpine meadows then descends to a steep eroded path to Dhakmar. Overnight in Dhakmar.
Breakfast in Dhakmar, we will trek towards Geling. The trail descends and reach Ghemi .From Ghami , the trail is ascends and descends and finally reached Gelling village. We can explore white and ochre painted houses made by mud and stones with roof made of twigs, straw and mix of mud and pebbles.
Overnight in Gelling.
Today, we will trek Chhuksang. The route is ascends and descends with breath taking view of Himalaya. Firstly, we climb up to SyangbocheLa 3850m, then descending to Syangboche and follow towards Samar Village. The trail descends through Chele, Kaligandaki and reached Chhusang.
Overnight in Chhusanga.
Today is another most important day of Upper Mustang Trek where we can explore one of the holiest and sacred place for Hindu and Buddhist followers. The trail is more interesting because of Fossil stone “Saligrams” which is mainly found between Tetang and Gyu La Pass (4077m).
Overnight in Muktinath.
Exploring Muktinath , we trek down towards Kagbeni and walk around bank of Kali Gandaki River or you can transfer by Jeep also. After reaching in Jomsom, you can explore Jomsom or can hike down Marpha a famous place of apple and apple wine. In Jomsom, you can discuss with your staff about program because today is last day of Upper Mustang Trek.
Overnight in Jomsom.
According to your flight schedule, we take flight towards Pokhara. After reaching in Pokhara, transfer to hotel. You can take rest or can visit some popular places in Pokhara like Fewa Lake, Devi’s fall, International mountain museum, World Peace Stupa, Seti Gorge .
Overnight in Pokhara.
After breakfast in Pokhara drive to Kathmandu. After reaching in Kathmandu , you will be free for shopping for your family and friends souvenir. At evening, we will take local restaurant for dinner with cultural program.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
According to your flight schedule, Himalayan Asia Treks staff transfers towards airport after taking breakfast on your selected hotel with best memories of Upper Mustang Trek.
- Accommodation on BB basis in Kathmandu and Pokhara in Three star hotel.
- Ground transportation (Airport pick up and drop, sightseeing by private).
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu by Tourist Bus.
- Three times meals at trekking route.
- Accommodation in Tea house or lodge in trekking route.
- Government licensed English speaking guide.
- Porter (one porter for two person and carry 20 kg).
- All necessary paper work like Permit and TIMS card (Trekkers information management system).
- Restricted Area Permit.
- Travel and rescue arrangement.
- Twenty four call assistance by our office representative.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali restaurant.
- Entrance fees in entrance fees in Kathmandu.
- Flight fare from Pokhara-Jomsom and vice versa.
- Sleeping bag and duffel bag will provide by our company have to return after trek.
- Government taxes and office service charge.
- Meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Any type of insurance.
- Any type of international flight fare.
- Personal nature expenses like bar bills, water, tea coffee, shower, laundry, wi fi in trekking route.
- Any extra cost which is not mentioned in Cost includes column.
- Extra day for natural calamities like flood, landslide, flight cancellation
Nepal is landlocked country located between India and Tibet autonomous region of China. It have highest peak of the world name Mt Everest (Sagarmatha) and eight peaks of the world’s ten highest peaks. It is birthplace of Gautam Buddha place name is Lumbini.
Nepal is small country but tremendous geographic diversity. It rises from Fifty nine meters to eight thousand eight hundred forty eight meters. Nepal is divided into three part Terai, Hill and mountain regions.
In here, the first language is Nepal (Devanagari script) and one hundred twenty three languages. The official language of Nepal is called Nepali.
Passport and Visa:
First thing for travelling anywhere, you need valid passport with at least six months. You can obtain visa for Nepal from Nepalese consulates or on arrival in Kathmandu or other boarders or most reliable source of information is currently the Department of Immigration Nepal If you fill online form and bring with you, then it would be easier to get visa in any Nepal boarder.
Nepal’s climate varies with its topography and altitude. The low land Terai area has hot and humid climate that can rise above 40 degree Celsius during summer, middle region weather is pleasant almost all the year and northern region temperature is always cold.
Nepal has four seasons:
- Spring: Mar-May: The temperature is good in this season and many flower blossom and best season for trekking.
- Summer: (Jun-Aug): Monsoon season in Nepal, weather is hot and wet at times.
- Autumn: (Sep-Nov): This is the best season for tour and trek in Nepal. In that time, weather is highly pleasant so are the mountains and Himalaya. This is also season of festivals as Nepal celebrates the biggest festival Nepali name Dashain and Tihar.
- Winter: (Dec-Feb): This season is known as Cold season so it’s not good time for high altitude trekking time.
Best Time to Go Upper Mustang Trek:
The best to do trekking in Nepal is September to November and March to May. December and January is also possible to do trekking but winter season so it would be cold and snowfall, we can suggest lower part of mountain trekking. June, July and August is raining season so we suggest contacting us for best trek.
Is it suitable trekking for me?
If you are physically fit and love to walk then you can choose any trekking itinerary from our website to suit you. If you choose long day’s program, then you have t walk more days in mountain. All trekking program can see in our website. We suggest while going trek, please took one professional guide and if you cannot carry your luggage then took one porter also. If you need more question about suitable trekking package in Nepal for you, please drop email or contact us in social sites also.
The Nepalese currency called Rupees. For exchanging your currency into local currency, can visit Bank, govt. licensed holder Money Exchange.
We told all our clients to do travel insurance before leaving your home country with showing your travel itinerary. Their insurance must covered medical, personal accident, loss of gears, emergency evacuation, and damage or lost their luggage and etc.
Hotel/ Accommodation on Upper Mustang Trek:
We provide to our client in City area best three star (above three star is on client requested) and lodge/teahouse during the trek. A Teahouse/lodge is the combination of guest house and restaurant where rooms are normally decorated and available bed, pillow and blankets. In every trekking route, we provide only teahouse/lodge because there is no availability of deluxe hotel.
Meals Upper Mustang Trek:
The meal which is provided in trekking area is included breakfast, lunch and dinner. We provide breakfast and dinner where you stay overnights and our guide will choose restaurant for lunch on the way. Our guide and other staff always give priority t served delicious, hygienic and each place special food. We recommended you to bring water purification tablets.
Guide and porter Upper Mustang Trek :
We provide you best staff to you who have good experience and government license. In a group, we provide one guide till 16 pax and one porter for each two person. One porter carries 20 kg .
Personal Expenses Upper Mustang Trek:
Personal expenses means which is not covered your package column cost include. Normally, you have to pay for table drinks (alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages), snacks (on the trek), tips, souvenirs, hot showers and extra day if flight cancelled or any other natural disasters.
Some do’s and do not’s Trekking in Nepal:
- Respect local culture and people.
- The Nepalese people are friendly and hospitalize by nature so you do not have difficulty to adjust in here.
- While you are entering in Temple and monasteries, just check in some temple not allowed entering for non-Hindus. If there is permitted to enter, please do not wear leather things and walk in Temple and Stupas clockwise. Before taking photograph, please ask authorized person for permission.
What do I need for trekking/ Packing list :
- Day pack (rucksack)
- Light weight and warm trousers.
- Sun hats and gloves.
- Full- sleeves t shirt.
- Warm jackets.
- Waterproof jacket, trousers and bag cover.
- Light weight cotton clothing.
- Waterproof or windcheater jacket.
- Knee supports.
- Sun glasses.
- Sun cream and lip protector.
- A one liter hard Water bottle.
- Flash light
- Down jacket
- Trekking shoes or boots.
- A pair of sandals.