- Explore Kathmandu City and heritage sites.
- Scenic flight of Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Exploring the Everest Base Camp.
- Everest Base Camp Trekking cover up to 5545 meter.
- Everest Base Camp Trekking route is through Sherpa village.
- Buddhist culture in Everest Base Camp Trekking route.
- Breathtaking view of Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse and other peaks.
- Culture and lifestyle of Sherpa people in Everest region.
- Various monastry and gompa in Everest region.
- Sunrise Tour from Kalapathhar .
- 360 aerial view of Everest from Kalapatthar.
Day to Day Itinerary
Welcome to the land of Himalaya & historical city of Kathmandu. After finished the formality of Immigration, our representative receives from airport and transfer towards hotel. After reaching in hotel, short brief about Everest Base Camp Trek and re - check equipment and other things.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
We are starting our Everest Base Camp Trek from domestic airport of Kathmandu to Tenzing Hillary Airport at Lukla flight. This is 30 min flight and considered as one of the extreme airport in the world. After landed in Lukla Airport, we will start our first day trek towards Phakding. From Lukla, we pass through Chaurikharka Village and descent towards Dudhkoshi Ghat (2530m). To reach Phakding from Ghat , we follow the bank of Dudhkoshi river.
Overnight in Phakding.
We take breakfast at Phakding and start our hiking towards Namche Bazar. The Namche Bazar is one of the biggest market and known as the Gateway of Everest Region. Today, we will hike around Dudhkoshi River and experienced one of the longest suspension bridges. We pass a beautiful pine forest and reach Monjo , Jorsalle and beautiful Mani stone walls en route.
Overnight in Namche Bazar.
Today is the first day of acclimatization day for Everest Base Camp Trek and Namche Bazar is one of the best places for acclimatization. After taking breakfast, we will hike towards Khumjung village and Everest View Point from where you can see Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Kongde and so on.
Overnight in Namche Bazar.
Breakfast in Namche Bazar and we will hike towards Tengboche. While reaching in Tengboche, we pass rhododendron and pine forest, beautiful Sherpa village like Syangboche . Tengboche village which is one of the beautiful and well settle Sherpa villages in Everest Region. In Tengboche, we explore Tengboche Monastery which one is one the biggest and oldest monasteries among Everest.
Overnight in Tengboche.
Finishing breakfast, we follow the Imja river to reach Dingboche. While tracing the path towards Everest Base Camp Trek , we experience few suspension bridge , pine forest, Pangboche Village and other . In Pangboche village, we visit Pangboche Monastery which one is one the oldest monasteries in Everest.
Overnight in Dingboche.
Today is the second acclimatization day for Everest Base Camp Trek. On acclimatization day at Dingboche , we will hike near places like Chukkang and Imja Valley from here we can connect route for Island Peak Climbing.
Overnight in Dingboche.
Get ready for more adventurous and tougher trek today, as we are going to scale more rising terrain and higher altitudes from Dingboche to Lobuche. We will pass Dungla, a memorial hilltop en route to Lobuche. Our tougher walk until Lobuche surprises us with its amazing gift- the stunning view of Mt. Lobuche, Nupse and Pumori, as if the trail has been teasing us and measuring our guts, on endurance. Get warm inside a tea house.
Overnight in Lobuche.
Our trekking route for today is Lobuche to Everest Base Camp traverses through Gorakshep with a pretty easier walk than the earlier day. En route we will encounter Khumbu Glacier and ice slopes at the base of Mt. Everest. Upon arrival at Everest Base Camp, we take a rest and enjoying the charismatic view around. We Later, we trace back to Gorakshep for overnight stay.
Overnight in Gorakhshep.
Hiking towards Kala Patthar have to start at early morning. At early morning, this is best time to see aerial view of Mt. Everest and breathtaking sunrise view in Everest. Hikers / Trekkers can see closure view of Mt. Everest from Kala Patthar. After back to Gorakhshep , we will be back towards Pheriche with keeping memories about Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar.
Overnight in Pheriche.
The trail from Pheriche to Namche Bazar is descend so easy to hike down. On the way, we pass rhododendron forest, juniper trees , mountain goats, pheasants and other wild animals and birds common to the area.
Overnight in Namche Bazar.
We began our trek towards Lukla after breakfast. We pass many suspension bridges in Dudhkoshi River, pass by several monasteries and villages before reaching Lukla. We finished our Everest Base Camp Trek for this time, so can enjoy with your staff who always support to succeed your journey to Everest Base Camp.
Overnight in Lukla.
At early morning, we start our journey towards Kathmandu by taking flight. You will transfer towards hotel after landed domestic airport in Kathmandu. After reaching in Kathmandu, you have leisure time for buying souvenir to your family and friends. At evening, you can enjoy dinner with cultural program.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
Today is the leisure day because of most of time Lukla to Kathmandu flight is delayed or change time because of Himalayan area airport. If you come on time , today you can do shooping souvenir and City Tour: Kathmandu Durbar Square & Swayambhunath Stupa.
Hope, you had a great holiday in Nepal’s Himalaya while Everest Base Camp Trek. Himalayan Asia Treks staff will drop at airport three hours of your flight time.
- Accommodation on BB basis in Kathmandu in best three star hotel in twin/double sharing.
- Accommodation on full board in Everest Base Camp Trekking routes in best mountain lodge in twin or double sharing.
- Ground Transportation (Airport pick up and drop, sightseeing by private).
- Flight ticket of Kathmandu – Lukla- Kathmandu.
- Three times meals at Everest Base Camp Trekking route.
- Government licensed English speaking guide.
- Porter (one porter for two person and carry 20 kg).
- All necessary paper work like Permit and TIMS card (Trekkers information management system).
- Sagarmatha national park entrance fees.
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Travel and rescue arrangement.
- All our government taxes, vat, official expenses & service charges.
- Twenty four call assistance by our office representative.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali restaurant.
- Sleeping bag and duffel bag will provide by our company have to return after trek.
- Government taxes and office service charge.
- Meals in Kathmandu .
- Any type of insurance.
- Personal nature expenses like bar bills, water, tea coffee, shower, laundry, wi fi in trekking route.
- Tips (Not Mandatory but expected).
- Any extra cost which is not mentioned in Cost includes column.
- Extra day for natural calamities like flood, landslide, flight cancellation.
Hotel and Accommodation on Everest Base Camp Trekking:
We provide in City area best three star (above three star is on client requested) and lodge/teahouse during the trek. A Teahouse/lodge is the combination of guest house and restaurant where rooms are normally decorated and available bed, pillow and blankets. In every trekking route, we provide only teahouse/lodge because there is no availability of deluxe hotel. Single supplement charge will cost an additional USD 220.
Meals Everest Base Camp Trekking:
The meal which is provided in trekking area is included breakfast, lunch and dinner. We provide breakfast and dinner where you stay overnights and our guide will choose restaurant for lunch on the way. Our guide and other staff always give priority t served delicious, hygienic and each place special food. We recommended you to bring water purification tablets.
Guide and porter in Everest Base Camp Trekking:
We provide you best staff to you who have good experience and government license. In a group, we provide one guide till 16 pax and one porter for each two person. One porter carries 20 kg .
Luggage/Bag pack in Everest Base Camp Trekking:
For main luggage, we will provide one porter for two person. We suggest you to make two bag pack for trekking. One is for you where you can put cash, mobile, passport, sun cream, water bottle or light things which you need every time and another one where you can put your clothes, spare jacket and other heavy items. In domestic airlines, they provide fifteen kg including your hand bag , excess weight is chargeable around USD one per kg.
Passport and Visa:
First thing for travelling anywhere, you need valid passport with at least six months. You can obtain visa for Nepal from Nepalese consulates or on arrival in Kathmandu or other boarders or most reliable source of information is currently the Department of Immigration Nepal If you fill online form and bring with you, then it would be easier to get visa in any Nepal boarder.
Nepal’s climate varies with its topography and altitude. The low land Terai area has hot and humid climate that can rise above 40 degree Celsius during summer, middle region weather is pleasant almost all the year and northern region temperature is always cold.
Nepal has four seasons:
- Spring: Mar-May: The temperature is good in this season and many flower blossom and best season for trekking.
- Summer: (Jun-Aug): Monsoon season in Nepal, weather is hot and wet at times.
- Autumn: (Sep-Nov): This is the best season for tour and trek in Nepal. In that time, weather is highly pleasant so are the mountains and Himalaya. This is also season of festivals as Nepal celebrates the biggest festival Nepali name Dashain and Tihar.
- Winter: (Dec-Feb): This season is known as Cold season so it’s not good time for high altitude trekking time.
Best Time to Go Trekking in Nepal:
The best to do trekking in Nepal is September to November and March to May. December and January is also possible to do trekking but winter season so it would be cold and snowfall, we can suggest lower part of mountain trekking. June, July and August is raining season so we suggest contacting us for best trek.
Personal Expenses Everest Base Camp Trekking:
Personal expenses means which is not covered your package column cost include. Normally, you have to pay for table drinks (alcoholic/non alcoholic beverages), snacks (on the trek), tips, souvenirs, hot showers and extra day if flight cancelled or any other natural disasters.
Group Size, guide and crew member Everest Base Camp Trekking:
Himalayan Asia Treks organizing Everest base camp trekking single to maximum sixteen pax in one group. If we have more than sixteen pax , we split this group into more groups. If there are two or more groups, you can walk together and can stay in same lodge but guide and other staff will be different. Our crew member is government certified and experienced in trekking fields.
Join a fixed date group trek or private departure Everest Base Camp Trekking:
During our establishment of company, we operate group joining, fixed departure and private basis. If you are single and planning to join our group, please check our fixed departure date or consult with our operator.
Insurance/Rescue/Evacuation for Everest Base Camp Trekking:
In trekking route , sometimes there was bad accident due to high altitude sickness or causality. If something is happen in trekking route or when you are in Nepal, you can contact with your guide or our office staff. We facilitate to our client spot to hospital by air or ambulance. We suggest to our client, please do insurance and forward to our company with your other document. For more details Click Here TIPS OF PREVENT HIGH ALTITUDE SICKNESS IN TREKKING IN NEPAL.
Some do’s and do not’s Everest Base Camp Trekking :
- Respect local culture and people:
- The Nepalese people are friendly and hospitalize by nature so you do not have difficulty to adjust in here.
- While you are entering in Temple, just check in some temple not allowed to enter for non Hindus. If there is permitted to enter, please do not wear leather things and walk in Temple and Stupas clockwise. Before taking photograph, please ask authorized person for permission.
What do I need for trekking/ Packing list :
- Day pack (rucksack)
- Light weight and warm trousers.
- Sun hats and gloves.
- Full- sleeves t shirt.
- Warm jackets.
- Waterproof jacket, trousers and bag cover.
- Light weight cotton clothing.
- Waterproof or windcheater jacket.
- Knee supports.
- Sun glasses.
- Sun cream and lip protector.
- A one liter hard Water bottle.
- Flash light
- Down jacket
- Trekking shoes or boots.
- A pair of sandals.