Visa Information Nepal in normal time :
A visa for Nepal can be obtained on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, and at border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on the Nepal-India border and Kodari on the Nepal-China border.
Outside of Nepal, A visa can also be obtained at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission.
To renew a Visa, you can go to the Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu.
- A valid passport and one passport-size photo with a light background.
- Visa can be obtained only through cash payment in the following currency: Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar, and Japanese Yen.
- The following visa fees will be effective from 17 July 2019 (as per the Nepal Government’s decision made on 26 May 2019. Source: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/post/notice-regarding-visa-fee-updates) / Click here for more information about the Immigration Department of Nepal.
- Nepal has launched the Nepal portal for applying for an online visa: Click Here.
Visa Fee Details:
Tourist Visa Fee Details
15 Days (Multiple Entry)
30 Days (Multiple Entry)
90 Days (Multiple Entry)
Visa Extension (Within Valid Visa Period)
USD 3 per day
Visa Extension (With Multiple Entry)
Visa Extension (After Visa Expiration)
Additional USD 25
Late fee USD 5 per day
Gratis (Free) Visa
For the first visit in one visa year (January to December), a gratis visa for 30 days is available only for nationals of South Asian countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. However, the visa can be extended from the Immigration Department on the visa fee as specified above.
Note: Indian nationals do not require a visa to enter Nepal.
Indian nationals do not require a visa to enter Nepal. However, as per the Nepalese Immigration, Indian Nationals Traveling to Nepal by air must possess any of the following documents.
Election Commission Card.
Nepal Visa For Chinese Nationals:
As per the official circular of the Embassy of Nepal in Beijing, China, Chinese nationals applying for a tourist visa to Nepal are being provided a “gratis tourist visa” from Jan 5, 2016, from the following Nepali missions in the People’s Republic of China:
- Embassy of Nepal, Beijing
- Consulate General of Nepal, Lhasa
- Consulate General of Nepal, Hong Kong
- Honorary Consulate of Nepal, Shanghai
Other Visa Information
Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, and Afghanistan will need to obtain visas from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries, as they do not get visas on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal.
Visa Extension for Nepal
Tourists can stay for a maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Jan 1 to Dec 31).
Learn more about applying for a Nepal visa online by clicking here. Online Visa Application for Nepal.
For further visa information for Nepal, please contact: Department of Immigration Kalikasthan, Kathmandu
Tel: +977 1 4429660, +977 1 4438862, +977 1 4438868, +977 1 4433934
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]
If you need more assistance with Nepal Visa, please get in touch with Us.