About Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trek - Himalayan Asia Treks
Overview Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trek
Tsum Valley and Manaslu Circuit Trek is an exceptionally beautiful trekking route that takes you around Mount Manaslu, the 8th largest mountain and offers some breathtaking vistas as you cross high passes and experience traditional villages along with sacred Buddhist Heritage. The Tsum Valley with Manaslu Circuit Trek begins at Arughat in Gorkha District and goes through several villages like Jagat, Philim, Machhakhola, Chumchet. You will also get to see spectacular views of snow-capped mountains during your ascent.
Afterwards, the Tsum Valley with Manaslu Circuit Trek takes you towards Tsum Valley. It lies inside the Manaslu Conservation Area inhabited by the indigenous Tsumba community who practice a unique form of Buddhism, unlike other parts of Nepal. As you move towards Larkya La Pass and Sama Goan after exiting from Tsum Valley, you will come across pristine forests filled with fragrant meadows, frozen lakes, and yak pastures providing impressive views of Himalayan peaks such as Himlung Himal (7752m), Cheo Himal (6820m)and Kang Guru (6981m). All in all this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to witness amazing sights that one can cherish for long time.
Tsum Valley with Manaslu Circuit Trek is a breathtaking adventure that combines two spectacular Himalayan regions, offering an unforgettable journey through remote valleys and towering mountains. Situated in the western part of Nepal, this trek takes you to the pristine Tsum Valley and the majestic Manaslu region. The trek begins with a scenic drive to Soti Khola, from where you will embark on a thrilling trek along the Budhi Gandaki River. Along the way, you will encounter traditional villages, ancient monasteries, and dense forests filled with rhododendron and birch trees. The highlight of the trek is reaching the Manaslu Base Camp and crossing the challenging Larkya La Pass, offering stunning views of Mt. Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, and other Himalayan peaks. This trek also allows you to experience the unique culture and traditions of the local people, as you visit picturesque villages such as Sama Gaon and Rachen Gompa. With its awe-inspiring landscapes, rich cultural heritage, and challenging terrains, the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is truly a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trek is a unique trekking package in Nepal. Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trek area is socially rich also. The greatly mesmerizing Himalayan landscape can be seen here. It is an untouched valley and sacred Himalayan pilgrimage destination arranged in the northern Gorkha region of Nepal. The Manaslu Circuit Tsum Valley Trek is a combination of both the popular treks Manaslu Circuit Trek and Tsum Valley Trek. Manaslu Trekking route is around 8163-meter-high Mount Manaslu is out of a blue place prevalent among wild trekking lovers. The Mountain Views in Nup Ri are staggering and notorious that you can't discover anywhere. Furthermore, Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trek involves a picturesque journey through the Middle Hills that goes past Arughat at Soti Khola. The Manaslu trekking tour leads through various villages and ridges as it ascends to Philim.
The Tsum Valley is situated in the northern region of the Gorkha locale. Tsum Valley Trekking trails individuals to the trans-Himalayan district behind Mt. Manaslu. On the other side, it sets against the lofty scenery of the Ganesh Himal (7,422m), Sringi Himal (7,187m), and Buddha Himal (6,672m). During the trek, enjoy stunning scenes and distinctive flora and fauna. This area also has exceptional magnificence with a rich mix of cultures of Nepal and Tibet, giving a genuine experience for trekkers to Nepal.
Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trekking Highlights:
- The Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is a remarkable adventure that combines stunning natural beauty with rich cultural experiences. This trek takes you through the breathtaking landscapes of the Tsum Valley and offers panoramic views of Mount Manaslu and the surrounding Himalayan ranges.
- As you embark on this journey, you will be captivated by the stunning views that greet you at every turn. The Tsum Valley, known for its serene beauty, boasts picturesque villages, lush green forests, and cascading waterfalls. The majestic Mount Manaslu, the eighth highest peak in the world, dominates the skyline, providing a backdrop of awe-inspiring beauty.
- One of the unique aspects of this trek is the opportunity to encounter Buddhist nuns and monks who reside in the monasteries along the way. You can immerse yourself in the local culture as you visit Rachen Gompa and explore the ancient Milarepa's Cave, a sacred site of significance in Buddhist history.
- The trek also takes you through the famed Larkya La pass, the highest point of the trek. From here, you will be rewarded with breathtaking views of frozen lakes, Himlung Himal, Cheo Himal, and Annapurna II. The sight of these towering peaks and the pristine frozen lakes is truly awe-inspiring and makes the strenuous climb well worth it.
- The Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is a journey that offers not only stunning natural landscapes but also a deep connection with the local culture and traditions. It is an experience that will leave you with memories to last a lifetime.
- Manaslu Circuit Trek: The Manaslu Circuit Trek is a trekking route that circumnavigates Mount Manaslu, the eighth highest peak in the world. It offers breathtaking views of snow-capped mountains, pristine forests, and a rich cultural experience as you pass through several remote villages inhabited by people of Tibetan origin. The trek usually takes around 14 to 18 days to complete and requires a restricted area permit due to its proximity to the Tibetan border.
- Tsum Valley Trek: Tsum Valley Trek is a hidden gem located to the east of the Manaslu region. It was a restricted area until 2008, and as a result, it has retained its natural beauty and unique culture. The valley is known for its stunning landscapes, ancient monasteries, and the warm hospitality of the local people. Trekking in Tsum Valley typically takes about 7 to 10 days, depending on your starting and ending points.
- Stunning Scenery: You'll be treated to some of the most beautiful mountain scenery in Nepal, with panoramic views of the Himalayan peaks, lush forests, and pristine rivers.
- Rich Culture: Both the Manaslu and Tsum Valley regions have a unique culture influenced by Tibetan Buddhism. You'll have the opportunity to visit ancient monasteries, interact with the locals, and learn about their traditions and customs.
- Remote Villages: The trek takes you through remote villages where life has remained largely untouched by modernity. You'll have a chance to experience the simple and authentic lifestyle of the local people.
Besides hilly regions, mountain peaks, and valleys, while moving towards a plunging road, you will go by thick pinewoods and thereby view various types of birds. Moreover, on sunny days, you see musk dears on the opposite side of the river. Philim offers you phenomenal scenes.
If this is not enough, trekkers will get the opportunity to enjoy strolling in the shady fir woods in Samagaon, followed by a short step to a plateau and the Shyala village. Magnificent mountains encompass us, Himal Chuli and Peak 29 (Ngadi Chuli) to one side, Manaslu and substantial glaciers straight ahead, and snow summits to another side. At the most distant end of the village, sitting above the valley is the famous Sama monastery. Sama Gaon is a town occupied by Tibetans and lies at the foot of Manaslu.
Permits and Cost of the Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trek
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is a popular trekking route in Nepal. It offers breathtaking views of Mt. Manaslu (8,163 m), one of the world’s highest mountains, and the surrounding valleys. It is a semi-technical trek with some steep ascents and descents, but the rewards are worth it – pristine beauty, majestic views, and a unique cultural experience. The trek begins near Gorkha district in western Nepal and passes through dense forests, picturesque villages, and remote valleys before finishing at Dharapani village. During the entire journey you will be surrounded by magnificent snow-capped peaks and get to explore some of the oldest monasteries in this part of Nepal.Highlights of the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
Best Time to Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trek
The best time to trek the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is from September to November and from March to May. During these months, the weather is dry and the skies are clear, making it the most suitable time to embark on this adventure.
In September to November, the autumn season graces the region, offering pleasant temperatures and breathtaking scenery. The skies are usually clear, providing stunning views of the surrounding mountains, including the majestic Mount Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, and the towering Peak 29. The crisp air and the vibrant colors of the rhododendron forests add to the charm of the trek.
March to May, on the other hand, marks the spring season. The weather during this time is mild and perfect for trekking. The lush greenery of the dense forests and the blooming flowers create a picturesque landscape. The trek also offers an opportunity to witness a wide range of wildlife, including Himalayan Thars and langur monkeys.
Both September to November and March to May provide favorable conditions for the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek. Trekking during these months ensures dry weather and clear skies, which are essential for enjoying the stunning views of the Himalayas and experiencing the rich culture of the traditional villages along the way.
Note: If you are not satisfied with this itinerary and other details, please contact us to make the itinerary and further detail as per your need