Mt. Everest Base Camp Trek Cost
The cost of the Everest Base Camp trek can vary depending on various factors such as the duration of the trek, the type of accommodation, the season, and the services included. However, on average, the cost of the trek can range from $1,500 to $5,000 per person. The Mt. Everest Base Camp Trek 14 Days cost depends upon on company also . Some of local companies are showing less because of group joining basis and international travel partner shows more but Nepal best local company provide best cost of Everest Base Camp Trek.
Here is a breakdown of the major expenses that you can expect during the trek:
- Trekking permits: You will need to obtain two permits - the Sagarmatha National Park permit and the TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card. The combined cost of these permits is around $50.
- Accommodation: You can choose to stay in tea houses or lodges along the way, which can cost around $10 to $30 per night. However, if you prefer a more luxurious stay in hotels, the cost can go up to $200 ++ per night.
- Food and drinks: The cost of meals can vary depending on the type of food you choose. You can expect to spend around $20 to $30 per day on food and drinks.
- Guide and porter fees: Hiring a guide and porter is optional but recommended, especially for first-time trekkers. The cost of hiring a guide can range from $30 to $50 per day, while a porter can cost around $25 to $35 per day.
- Transportation: The cost of transportation can include flights from Kathmandu to Lukla (the starting point of the trek), which can cost around $300 to $500 round-trip. You may also need to factor in the cost of transportation from Kathmandu to Lukla by road, which can cost around $100 to $150 per person.
- Miscellaneous expenses: These can include equipment rentals, hot showers, charging devices, and other personal expenses. You should budget an additional $150 to $300 for these expenses.
Overall, the cost of the Everest Base Camp Trek can be a significant investment, but it is an unforgettable experience that is worth the price.